Happy Sunday Evening Fit Chicks,
Tonight I decided to be a little inventive and use my leftovers to create something delicious! After speaking with a friend today I decided to do a Quinoa invention for her. Somehow I came up with this…
What you need…
- 1/2 cup uncooked Quinoa
- 200g Crushed canned tomatoes
- 1 potato
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 2 diced tomatoes
What to do…
- Heat pan on medium heat, saute garlic, onion, beans and quinoa for 5-7minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, potatoes, chilli and liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for about 20minutes (potatoes should be tender and liquid should be mostly absorbed.
- Garnish with fresh alfalfa sprouts.
Not such a traditional paella, but delicious! Enjoy