Friendship from food
So our Zhucchini Slice has a story behind it. Zucchini slice has always been one of Jacqui’s favourite dishes, its quick, simple and healthy. You could say it was a childhood memory because she learnt the recipe from her mum. But… it wasn’t until about 2 years ago when the two of us didn’t really know each other. We had been introduced by a mutual friend at Fridays many times but never really spoke. We can’t really recall how we came in contact again ( I think Sana commented on a photo of Mika on Facebook) but we meet up at Jacqui’s house for afternoon tea. And you can probably guess what was served for afternoon tea…. YES Mumma’s Zucchini Slice! So we base our friendship around this recipe 🙂 We hope you enjoy it as much as we do xo
Mumma’s Zucchini Slice – Makes 8 Serves
½ cup lite grated cheese
½ cup self-raising flour
1tbsp olive oil
4 eggs (2 full, 2 whites)
Salt + Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grate zucchini and onion. We use our food processor which has an attachment to to grate J so easy!
- Add grated ingredients to a bowl and add all the other ingredients – mix well.
- Place mixture into a slice tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 20-25min or until golden brown.
90.7 Calories | 7g Protein | 4.3g Fat