Evening Fit Chicks,
Today I had an excellent day at the Gold Coast catching up with a cousin of mine. After a long hard day of shopping and walking along the beach (haha) we came home to make a delicious dinner. I decided I wanted to try Rice Paper rolls for the very first time. After a few practice runs on how to wrap them I think we got it! They were delicious, fresh and ohhhh sooo easy! I served them with a delicious dipping sauce which I substituted the sugar for a little touch of honey. I am not a big coriander so I just used mint! Try these simple and refreshing rolls as an appetizer for make it part of a meal with my San Choy Bow .
Fresh Prawn Rice Paper Rolls
What you need…
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- 12 cooked prawns, peeled and sliced in half length ways
- Handful of fresh bean sprouts
- 2 cucumbers, seeded and cut into thin slices
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into thin slices
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp honey
- 119ml whit rice vinegar
- Lime juice and grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
What to do…
- Melt honey in microwave for about 30 seconds so it thins. Mix together all dipping sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Prepare all fresh ingredients
- In a bowl of warm water immerse the rice paper sheet in quickly and lay on a clean tea towel, if they are not completely soft don’t worry, they will soften in time.
- Place two mint leaves in the centre of the wrapper. Top with a few cucumber slices, capsicum, bean sprouts and 3 prawn halves.
- Fold the bottom of the rice paper over the ingredients and one of the sides to cover the filling. Roll the rice paper length ways to enclose the filling.
- You can pour the dipping sauce over the rolls or serve it in a bowl on the side.
Thats it! How simple!
Let me know how yours turn out…
Eat Healthy, Live Happy & Get Fit
xo j xo