Santa’s Healthy Cookies!
Still at the age of 20-something.. I bake cookies around Christmas time so I have something to leave out for Santa (yes, I admit it, I’m a big child). This year I decided to play around with banana and organic peanut butter to create some delicious oatmeal flavoured cookies seeing as though Santa could do with the low cal cookies (hehe).
In all honesty though, I love a cookie at night before I head to bed with my green tea, so this recipe has become quite popular in my regular cooking regime. The basis of the cookie is oatmeal, a great source of fibre which helps to fill you up and delay the onset of hunger.
** I added a little organic peanut butter to half the mixture which tasted delicious! (about 2 tbsp)
What you need…
- 1 cup ripe banana, smashed
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
What to do…
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, fan forced
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl.
- Once the fixture starts to form use your hands to form the cookies.
- Back for 30 minutes or until golden brown
Get baking! Santa’s arrival is just around the corner!
Eat Healthy, Live Happy & Get Fit
xo j xo