Traditional Jam recipes usually call for one part fruit to one part sugar. This version is very basic: just fruit, a little vanilla, lemon and honey/stevia. The chia seed helps thicken the jam up instead of using a gelatine. This jam will last up to one week in the fridge.
What you need…
- 300 g (10 1/2 oz) frozen or fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon honey or a little stevia to sweeten
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground or whole chia seed
What to do…
- Mix raspberries, honey, lemon juice and vanilla and simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes until the mixture looks syrupy.
- Add the chia seeds and mix through.
- Remove from the heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes before placing into the fridge.
- Rest for 1 hour until the jam forms a lovely jell like consistency.
- Spoon into a clean glass jar and use as required.
Nutrition per serve:
Protein: 0.4 g | Total fat: 0.4 g | Saturated: 0 g | Carbs: 4.7 g | Calories: 25 | Kilojoules: 104 | Fiber: 0.9 g