What you will need…
2 large zucchinis
10 mushrooms (use more if they are small)
2 full eggs
4 egg whites
1 cup low fat (light) grated cheese
1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup olive oil
salt + pepper
What to do…
*Preheat oven to 180 degrees, and prepare muffin tins. ( I use the paper muffin holders, makes it easier when I grab one running out of the house. You can also make it in a slice tray if you like, and divide it up once set.)
1. Place zucchini and onion in food process on a grating mode. (If you don’t have this just grate the zucchinis and finely chop the onion) and dice the mushrooms.
2. Put them all in a big mixing bowl with spinach. Add eggs, salt + pepper, olive oil and cheese.
3. Once all combined slowly add flour until you get a good consistency. It should be like a chunky cupcake mix.
4. Divide evenly up into muffin holders or place in tray. (Remmeber they are made with selfraising flour so they will rise. We fill ours up 3/4 full)
5. Place in moderate oven for 15-20min.
6. once removed from the oven let them cool before slicing.
* Cooking time will varing depending on the tray you use. Check them just like you would check cupcakes/ cake. Place a skewer into the middle and make sure it comes out clean.