Be invetive with your breakfast, these recipes can be modified and changed according to your taste and what you like..
What you will need.. (Basic ingredients)
- 1cup mason jar
- 1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cut low-fat greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional for sweetness)
Peanut butter & banana: 1 teaspoon peanut butter, 1/4 cup cut banana
Mocha: 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee (dissolve in 1 tablespoon hot water)
Apple & cinnamon: 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 cup unsweetened organic apple sauce
What to do…
- In the mason jar combine oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds and honey.
- Stir/ shake well
- Add flavouring, e.g applesauce and cinnamon
- Stir until mixed throughout.
- Put lid on jar and refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days.
Also makes a great healthy snack for the little ones!
Eat healthy, Live Happy & Get Fit
xo j xo