Oats In A Jar
Posted on January 18, 2013 by Jtoumbas
Be invetive with your breakfast, these recipes can be modified and changed according to your taste and what you like..
What you will need.. (Basic ingredients)
- 1cup mason jar
- 1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cut low-fat greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional for sweetness)
Peanut butter & banana: 1 teaspoon peanut butter, 1/4 cup cut banana
Mocha: 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee (dissolve in 1 tablespoon hot water)
Apple & cinnamon: 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 cup unsweetened organic apple sauce
What to do…
- In the mason jar combine oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds and honey.
- Stir/ shake well
- Add flavouring, e.g applesauce and cinnamon
- Stir until mixed throughout.
- Put lid on jar and refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days.
Also makes a great healthy snack for the little ones!
Eat healthy, Live Happy & Get Fit
xo j xo