Late last week I went on a mission to find Acai Smoothie packs to make my own Acai Berry bowls, and lucky enough I found them! This morning I made my first bowl and added some of my Brookefarm Macadamia muesli, it was delicious, though It was my last scoop. I went into a little panic this evening and thought what will I have with my Acai bowl tomorrow morning?
In my boredom I decided to make my own granola. I have plenty of nuts, seeds, and oats at home so this was perfect. I’ve added my basic Goodmorning Granola recipe for you to follow, but don’t be strict with the ingredients I’ve used, mix it up and add the ingredients you love! My main aspect of this blog is to inspire others to be creative and healthy, so go ahead and use YOUR favourite nuts, seeds and whatever else you think will mix in…
What you will need…
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup Quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 cup mixed nuts and seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp Cacao Powder
- ½ cup honey (you can use any sweetening liquid you like; agave/ molasses etc)
- ½ cup goji berries
- ¼ cup chia seeds
What to do…
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- In a bowl mix oats, Quinoa, nuts, seeds, cacao and coconut- set aside
- Heat honey with 1 Tbsp water to form a thin syrup consistency
- Combine oat mixture with the honey mixture
- Place on a lined tray and spread out to form a thin layer
- Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes – stirring every 5/10minutes
- Make sure not to burn the granola
- Once cooked and crisp remove from oven and let cool.
- Mix in the chia seeds and goji berries- store in an air- tight container
Stay tuned for my Acai Bowl Recipe coming soon.