Forget chocolate …… Cacao powder’s here with plenty of the good stuff and minus all the bad stuff (GUILT, SUGAR, CALORIES)
Cacao beans come from the seeds of the Amazonian fruiting tree and are the source of all chocolate and cocoa products.
How is it different some the regular chocolate and cocoa products?
The regular method of processing cocoa powder uses the ‘Dutch Method’ which involves extraction taking place in extreme heat temperature (150 ˚ C ) which destroys majority of the nutrients and antioxidants contained in the product. On the other hand organic Cacao powder is processed in cold temperatures and since the overall process never exceeds 40˚C, all the heat – sensitive vitamins, mineral and anti-oxidants remain intact and the finished product is categorised as ‘raw’. The digestion and absorption process of the finalised product is much efficient
Power of Raw Cacao powder
– 360% more anti – oxidants than regular cocoa
– Has no Sugar (insignificant amount of sugar (O.13g per serving size of 15g) & has a low fat content compared to most nuts.
– Great source of amino acids (protein), Omega – 3 essential fatty acids. Calcium, zinc, iron, copper, sulphur & potassium
– Contains 14 times more antioxidant flavonoids than red wine, 21 times more than green tea and 7 times more than dark chocolate
– Excellent source of Magnesium ( which has plenty of heart health benefits e.g. helps in stabilising heart rhythm and blood pressure(BP) & prevents blood blots.
– Improves alertness and concentration
– Helps in circulating more serotonin in the brain ( Feel good effect )
Can be added to smoothies / milkshakes or coffee, can be made into a lovely hot chocolate for cold nights, used for baking when making cookies, or substitute for regular cocoa powder when making desserts
Where to find this goodie?
We order ours from https://www.powersuperfoods.com.au . An order worth 50 dollars qualifies for free shipping. They have a range of products check it out
Try this recipe by Susan : raw cacao walnut fudge ( http://www.rawmazing.com/raw-cacao-walnut-fudge/ )
1. 1 cup Almond butter
2. ½ cup Cacao Powder
3. ¼ cup Agave
4. ½ Cup Walnuts or Almonds, Chopped
To prepare Almond butter: Take 2 cups Almonds and process by placing in a food processor. Occasionally scrape down the sides of the bowl as required. It takes about 6 – 12 minutes or more depending on how good your processor isfor the butter to form. You will see the following stages. Stage 1 : coarse meal Stage ; Stage 2: forms into balls; Stage 3: it starts to spread out; Stage 4 : Oils start to release and the butter has a lovely gloss to it. Be patient you will see the butter form so make sure you do not stop at stage 1 or 2, ther wise final product with be pretty grainy. This makes about 1 cup Almond butter
To make Fudge: Mix together 1 – 3 Ingredients with your hand. Once combined well, Add walnuts and mix well. Place in a 8 × 8 sq pan or use a pretty mould. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours ….. Tadaaaaaaaa !!! Ready to enjoy