Posted on February 21, 2013 by Jtoumbas
Many of you know I love my zucchini slice, but this one is a quicker and faster version. Yesterday I was in a rush to get to work and knew I needed to pack some snacks to take with me. I had a quick look in my fridge and saw 2 zucchi, 1 carrot, 3 mushrooms, 1/2 onion and some eggs. So I decided to make a quick protein packed snack to take with me to work.
What you will need…
This recipe is very vague, you can use any vegetables you have left over in your fridge. Thats why its a great way to use up the weeks leftover veggies on a Sunday afternoon – in turn, giving you prepared clean snacks for the following week.
- 2 zucchinis – grated
- 1 carrot – grated
- 3 mushrooms
- 1/2 onion – grated
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (optional)
- 5 eggs
- season with Salt + Pepper (I sometimes use a touch of curry powder to add a different flavour)
* If you are concious of egg yolk use 2 full eggs and combine 4 egg whites.
What to do…
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Lightly grease a muffin tray (I use square baby muffin trays, perfect for on the go)
- Portion veggie mixture into tin and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Let cool before removing as they need a little time to set.
Store them in an airtight container in the fridge and they should last you 4-5 days. Great for a quick breakfast, snack or even lunch with a side salad. Kiddie will love them in their lunch boxes too!