Forget all the nasties in pre-bought tomato sauces and make your own at home! So simple and tastes 1000x better… here it is <3
What you need…
- 250g punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup basil, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, roughly diced
What to do…
- Place tomatoes and onion on a lined baking tray and place in a pre-heated moderate oven (180 degrees Celsius, fan-forced).
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until soft and browned
- Cool for 15 minutes then place in a blender until it reaches your desired consistency (I like it chunky)
- Stir in basil and season as required.
It is really that EASY! Keep in a sealed container or mason jar for up to a week in the fridge. Served with my Low GI Lentil Patties 🙂
Eat Healthy, Live Happy & Get Fit
xo j xo